Baby boomers are aging and older adults’ lifestyle needs are changing—and so are their housing needs and preferences. Whether you are a retiree moving from North Jersey to Florida or Arizona, or are rightsizing to a one-floor condo or retirement community in Bergen County, turn to Ridgewood Moving Services (RMS) to plan and manage your senior move.
RMS has been a complete relocation resource for older adults making local and long distance moves since our founding in 1966. We understand how daunting the moving process can be for many older adults who have lived in the same home for decades. From local NJ moves to long distance moves throughout the U.S., the RMS team is highly experienced in working with older adults and their families to ensure a smooth moving experience. Seniors, their families, and caregivers will find our supportive “hand-holding” approach a great comfort.
A Worry-Free Moving Service for Seniors
As a leading full-service moving company managing local and long distance moves, we offer a superior level of service—and a broad array of moving services—to create a worry-free moving experience for seniors. RMS offers concierge-level service that takes the burden off your shoulders with:
- Comprehensive moving plan
- Collaboration with a dedicated, professional senior move manager when needed (certified by the National Association of Specialty & Senior Move Managers)
- Packing and unpacking services
- Moving supplies provided
- Storage services (short term and long term)
- VIP handling of high-value items
Contact us for a Free, Reliable, and Accurate Estimate!
If you’re moving in or out of Bergen County, NJ, we’ve been here for over 50 years. We know our way around. Here are some facts about the surrounding towns in Bergen County.
In addition, we can provide our clients with a list of vendors who provide services outside RMS’ comprehensive slate of services, including designers, estate sale organizers, property stagers, automobile shippers, and appraisers.
Click here for a Moving Timeline and Checklist that will help you get organized quickly and easily!
Click here for more useful advice on getting organized for a move from RMS President Cindy Myer.
"*" indicates required fields
Ridgewood Moving Services: Silver Certified for New Jersey / New York Senior Moves
This Silver Certification is a badge of honor for us, as we treat all our customers like family. Older adults (or their loved ones) who choose RMS can rest assured our team will provide everything needed for a stress-free moving experience for seniors—as if they were our own parents. We understand the emotions and logistics involved with senior moves, especially since older adults are likely to have:
- More belongings – more rooms of furniture and many keepsakes to sort through and pack
- High-value items – such as collectibles, fine china and crystal, and antiques that require our VIP service
- Physical limitations that may make packing and unpacking more stressful – don’t worry, we’ll take care of all of that
- Emotional challenges or attachments to leaving your long-time home – our entire team, from office staff to our highly experienced movers, are sensitive to the needs and concerns of older adults
The Silver Certified Program is endorsed by the National Association of Specialty & Senior Move Managers (NASMM).
Trust the Highly Rated Ridgewood Moving Services for Your Senior Move
We understand that moving can be difficult for anyone. We manage your senior move with patience, compassion, and care.
- RMS works closely with professional senior move managers to ensure a smooth move plan. Our consultants will work with you and your loved ones to develop a detailed moving plan that removes worry from the process.
- RMS provides resources to assist with the “rightsizing” process such as a donation resource list and solutions for “letting go” of items.
- RMS works closely with many 55+ and assisted living communities in the area, so we understand the logistics of moving you into a retirement community.
RMS Moving Resources
RMS recommends The Alliance for Senior Services (TASS) as a resource for senior moves. Comprising business professionals from a variety of disciplines, TASS guides and educates older adults and their families when they need it most. TASS can help your family make informed decisions about future possibilities and provide support through direct care for older adults and other services. We can also guide you to other valuable resources for a smooth senior move, such as our RMS Donation Resource List.